Saracens Name Team For Clash With Munster – And It’s Good News For The Irish Province
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- More On Saracens As Club Make Huge Decision That Will Change The Landscape Of English Rugby - January 17, 2020
- Munster Team Named For Champions Cup Clash With Ospreys At Thomond Park - January 17, 2020
- Leinster Team Named For Final Champions Cup Pool Game With Benetton - January 17, 2020
Saracens have once again opted to rest a number of their key internationals for this weekend’s Champions Cup Round 3 meeting with Munster in Thomond Park.
The likes of Owen Farrell, Billy and Mako Vunipola, George Kruis, Jamie George and World Cup winner Vincent Koch have all been left out of the trip to Limerick.
The current Champions Cup holders are bottom of the Gallagher Premiership at the moment on minus 18 points after they were handed a 35-point deduction for breaching the salary cap a number of times in recent seasons.
And they’ve clearly decided that the league will be their main focus this season as they look to ensure their safety.
15. Matt Gallagher, 14. Roti Segun, 13. Alex Lozowski, 12. Brad Barritt (c), 11. Alex Lewington, 10. Manu Vunipola, 9. Ben Spencer, 1. Richard Barrington, 2. Jack Singleton, 3. Titi Lamositele, 4. Will Skelton, 5. Maro Itoje, 6. Nick Isiekwe, 7. Ben Earl, 8. Jackson Wray.
16. Kapeli Pifeleti, 17. Rhys Carre, 18. Josh Ibuanokpe, 19. Joel Kpoku, 20. Sean Reffell, 21. Tom Whiteley, 22. Max Malins, 23. Nick Tompkins.