Three Irish Players Make List Of The Top 10 Heineken Champions Cup Players Of All-Time
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- South Africa Are No Longer The Number One Team In The World As Latest Rankings Released - September 20, 2021
- Nick ‘The Honey Badger’ Cummins Saves The Life Of A Sheep In Distress - September 20, 2021
- WATCH: Top 14 Player Red-Carded Following One Of The Worst Tackles We’ve Ever Seen - September 19, 2021
Best of the best.
When it comes to club rugby – it doesn’t come much bigger than the Heineken Champions Cup.
The elite European competition features some of the best players in the world and has produced some truly incredible moments over the years.
Due to the riches on this side of the world compared to what’s on offer in the southern hemisphere – the very best players in the world regularly compete for one of rugby’s biggest prizes.
But who are the best players to have ever played in the competition? That’s a question that was put to former England international, turned pundit Austin Healey this week and his list does not disappoint.
Top of the pile is French legend Williams Servat with three Irish players – Johnny Sexton, Brian O’Driscoll and Ronan O’Gara all making his list. Have a look below and let us know what you think of Healey’s selection in full.
Austin Healey’s Top 10 Heineken Cup Players of All-Time
1. William Servat (Toulouse)
2. Jonny Wilkinson (Toulon)
3. Johnny Sexton (Leinster)
4. Brian O’Driscoll (Leinster)
5. Ronan O’Gara (Munster)
6. Billy and Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
7. Tim Stimpson (Leicester Tigers)
8. Fabien Pelous (Toulouse)
9. Carl Hayman (Toulon)
10. Lawrence Dallaglio (Wasps)
We asked @IamAustinHealey for his Top 10 European Players of All-Time! ✨
Typically, Austin named 11 and delivered it in the style of 80s DJ Bruno Brookes 😆😅
— Rugby on BT Sport (@btsportrugby) May 20, 2021