Six Nations Permutations Ahead Of The Final Round Of Action
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- Video emerges of blatant stamp on Josh van der flier by Springboks prop - September 24, 2023
- Special moment as Irish fans erupt to the Cranberries at the Stade de France - September 24, 2023
- Mack Hansen drops an f-bomb AGAIN in hilarious interview - September 24, 2023
The 2021 Guinness Six Nations comes to a close today (well kind of) with the final round of action set to take place later on today.
Scotland and Italy take the stage in the early kick-off with nothing to play for except a little pride before Ireland and England do the same in the afternoon kick-off but things will get really interesting come 8pm.
Wales are the only side unbeaten in this year’s competition with Wayne Pivac’s side on course for a Grand Slam should they defeat France but Les Blues’ championship isn’t over yet despite their loss to England last week.
A win of any kind or even a draw will ensure the championship for Wales but the French can keep things alive with a bonus-point win against the Welsh providing they deny them one of their own.
If they can do that then the championship will last another week with Fabien Galthie’s men set to play Scotland next week in their rescheduled Round 3 fixture.
So in short:
- Wales win the Grand Slam with a win over France
- Wales win the Six Nations championship with a draw or if France win with less than four tries and less than eight points.
- Any other result means the championship will be decided next week.