Simon Zebo Says He Is ‘Unsure’ If He Will Sign A New Deal With Munster


Simon Zebo is still yet to make a decision on his future with his contract at Munster set to expire at the end of the season. The Ireland international has attracted interest in France, and it appears he is weighing up all of his options.

“I’m still deciding what I’m going to do in terms of my family and my future and it will probably take a little bit of time. But I’ll come to a decision soon,” Zebo said yesterday.
“We’ll see what happens. I’m still unsure.”

Zebo has previously stated that he wants to play in France at some stage, but hinted that it could be further down the line, and extending his contract with Munster is the likeliest option this time round.

“At some time in my career, yeah, it just depends when. It could be at any level or any time, but at some stage, yeah. Munster Rugby is the creme de la creme when it comes to club rugby and I’m very happy to be spending my time here at the moment.
“If something changes or if I have a different motive for moving I’ll see, but for now I’m just committed to playing as best I can on the pitch, enjoying nights like next Saturday night which are incredible.”

While the wages would be much higher abroad, Zebo would effectively end his international career should he leave. Something that we reckon is highly unlikely. But you just never know.

[Irish Times]

Follow Me