Picking A Combined Leinster & Munster XV
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- South African fans blasted for treatment of Owen Farrell in Champions Cup - December 10, 2023
- Joe Marler on why Owen Farrell has stepped away from England - December 6, 2023
- France star scores one of the most bizarre tries you will ever see in rugby - December 5, 2023
This is sure to divide opinion.
Munster and Leinster are set to take each other on at the Aviva Stadium tomorrow afternoon, in what promises to be a classic affair between two Irish heavyweights.
Both teams have started the season well, surviving without their Lions and a number of internationals up until last weekend. But who will come out on top tomorrow?
Well we can’t answer that. But what we can do itsput together a combined XV in the build-up to get you fired up for the clash. In our selection process we’ve decided to use the two line-ups picked for tomorrow, ignoring the injured lads.
First up. Here’s the two teams selected for tomorrow.
Now here’s our combined team
Combined Munster & Leinster XV
1. Jack McGrath – Leinster
2. Niall Scannell – Munster
3. Tadhg Furlong – Leinster
4. Devin Toner – Leinster
5. Scott Fardy – Leinster
6. Peter O’Mahony – Munster
7. Josh van der Flier – Leinster
8. CJ Stander – Munster
9. Conor Murray – Munster
10. Johnny Sexton – Leinster
11. Keith Earls – Munster
12. Robbie Henshaw – Leinster
13. Chris Farrell – Munster
14. Andrew Conway – Munster
15. Joey Carbery – Leinster
So that’s eight Leinster players and seven Munster. Pretty close. Interestingly it’s Munster dominating in the backs, while Leinster dominate the pack.
Boy how times have changed. 😂