Munster Rugby Boss Confirms ‘One ‘Addition For Next Season

No more arrivals?

Things will look at lot different at Munster next season from a coaching perspective with Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones departing, but from a player point of view – don’t expect much activity.

A number of players are already confirmed to be leaving, including the likes of Mike Sherry, Ian Keatley, James Hart, Dave O’Callaghan and Duncan Williams. New Zealand scrumhalf Alby Mathewson will also depart after he’s finished providing cover during the World Cup.

But outside of the already confirmed signing of scrumhalf Nick McCarthy from Leinster – no other players will be coming in. Speaking after yet another semi-final defeat to Leinster on Saturday, head coach Johann van Graan seems content with the group he has for next season.

“I’ve previously mentioned at this stage, we’re only getting Nick (McCarthy) in for next season and that’s where we currently stand.”van Graan said.

Van Graan however, didn’t rule out some potential short-term deals while a number of his players are in Japan.

“Obviously, with the World Cup coming up, there might be some short-term opportunities, depending on who goes to the World Cup but at this stage this is the group that we’ve got.” he added

But does he feel like Munster need to bring some players in if they are to take that vital next step and win some silverware?

“I think we’ll do our review first.” he said

“It’s a constant process between the IRFU and Munster and currently that ’s the squad that we have.”