Mike Tyson Has Just Been Offered $1m To Fight Former All Black Sonny Bill Williams
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- “In The Spirit Of Going For Broke” – Woodward Says Irishman Should Be Starting The Third Test - August 5, 2021
- PICS: Have You Seen How Much Bundee Aki Is Squatting On The Lions Tour? - August 4, 2021
- “I Didn’t Think I’d Get Along With Him So Well” – Bundee Aki’s Surprising Lions Bromance - August 4, 2021
Former heavyweight champion of the world Mike Tyson has been offered $1 million to get back in the ring and face former All Black Sonny Bill Williams.
Tyson went viral last week when an incredible video emerged of him preparing for a possible return to boxing, with the 53-year-old showing off his trademark speak and power with some frightening pad work.
Tyson is apparently only considering a return to the ring for three-round charity bouts and Australian promoter Brian Amatruda has made it clear he wants to get something going on Down Under.
Williams has won all seven of hos previous boxing bouts but has not been in a ring since 2015. The other options Amatruda discussed were former AFL star Barry Hall and retired NRL star Paul Gallen.
“The first thing I did was contact Max Markson (celebrity agent) and ask him to offer Tyson $1 million,” Armatruda told the Daily Mail.
“He might be 53 years old but he’s still a huge name and any of those blokes – Hall, Gallen or Sonny Bill – would jump at the chance to get into the ring with him.
“I’d make it part of a card with a world title fight. It would be enormous. Not just a fight, it would be an event.
“We’d have to wait until the coronavirus shutdowns are over of course so the fight probably wouldn’t be until early next year.”
— The Koncrete Jungle (@TheKJungle) May 1, 2020