Midi Olympique select their Rugby World Cup ‘Team of the Tournament’
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- Joe Marler on why Owen Farrell has stepped away from England - December 6, 2023
- France star scores one of the most bizarre tries you will ever see in rugby - December 5, 2023
- Munster hit with huge double injury blow ahead of Champions Cup opener - December 4, 2023
Famed French publication Midi Olmpique have selected their official Rugby World Cup ‘Team of the Tournament’ – with some interesting selections.
Bundee Aki is the only Irishman to make the cut following another disappointing quarter-final exit for the men in green, with England captain Owen Farrell selected at 10.
Champions South Africa understandably lead the way with no fewer than six of their players selected, with five of them in the forwards, including Pieter-Steph du Toit following his incredible performance in the final.
Runners-up New Zealand have five players in the XV including recently crowned World Player of the Year, Ardie Savea. The rest of the team is made up of two French players – Thomas Ramos and Peato Mauvaka, and a solitary Welshman in Jac Morgan.
Have a look at the selection below and let us know what you think of it in the comments.
Midi Olympique’s RWC ‘Team of the Tournament’
15. Thomas Ramos (France)
14. Will Jordan (New Zealand)
13. Jesse Kriel (South Africa)
12. Bundee Aki (Ireland)
11. Mark Telea (New Zealand)
10. Owen Farrell (England)
9. Aaron Smith (New Zealand)
1. Ox Nche (South Africa)
2. Peato Mauvaka (France)
3. Frans Malherbe (South Africa)
4. Eben Etzebeth (South Africa)
5. Scott Barrett (New Zealand)
6. Jac Morgan (Wales)
7. Pieter-Steph du Toit (South Africa)
8. Ardie Savea (New Zealand)