Two Uncapped Players Start As Ireland Team Named For Six Nations Clash With Italy At The Aviva Stadium
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Brian O’Driscoll On Why He Couldn’t Wait To Get Out Of Rugby “Quick Enough” - September 8, 2022
- Champions Cup Last 16 Extra Time Protocol & Quarter-Final Permutations - April 15, 2022
- Legendary Ireland International Announces His Retirement Fro Rugby - April 8, 2022
Back in action.
The Ireland Coaching Team have named the matchday squad for the rescheduled 2020 Guinness Six Nations Championships fixtures against Italy which will take place at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday 24th October.
Captain Johnny Sexton is joined in the half-backs by Conor Murray with Bundee Aki and Garry Ringrose paired in the midfield. Jacob Stockdale is named at fullback with Andrew Conway and the uncapped Hugo Keenan on the wings.
Upfront Cian Healy, Rob Herring and Andrew Porter make up the front row while James Ryan and Tadgh Beirne fill the second-row berths. In the back-row, Caelan Doris is named at blindside, Will Connors makes his debut at openside CJ Stander at No.8.
The replacements are Dave Heffernan, Ed Byrne, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Peter O’Mahony, Jamison Gibson Park, Ross Byrne and Robbie Henshaw.
View this post on Instagram
Episode 9 has arrived featuring Gordon D'Arcy, Jamie Heaslip and Caelan Doris. 🎧🎙 –Jason & Jamie Heaslip look back on the Irish provinces in the PRO14 over the weekend and look forward to the European finals. 🏆 –Gordon D'Arcy on who should start in midfield for Ireland and the two best centres he's ever faced. 🤔 – Caelan Doris on the number eight he has looked to model his game on and what rugby must do to become a truly global sport. 😮 – Dissecting Andy Farrell's 35-man Ireland squad for the Six Nations. 🧐 – Joe Schmidt's new World Rugby role and the magic of the Bledisloe Cup. 😍 – Plus much more. Available now on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and more.
Kick-off at the Aviva Stadium is 3.30pm on Saturday 24th October and the game is being televised by Virgin Media and ITV.
Ireland Team to Play Italy
15. Jacob Stockdale (Ulster/Lurgan) 28 caps
14. Andrew Conway (Munster/Garryowen) 21 caps
13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD) 29 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 26 caps
11. Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 91 caps CAPTAIN
9. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 81 caps
1. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 98 caps
2. Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 11 caps
3. Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD) 26 caps
4. Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne) 13 caps
5. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD) 26 caps
6. Caelan Doris (Leinster/UCD) 2 caps
7. Will Connors (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
8. CJ Stander (Munster/Shannon) 41 caps
16. Dave Heffernan (Connacht/Buccaneers) 1 cap
17. Ed Byrne (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Corinthians) 9 caps
19. Ultan Dillane (Connacht/Corinthians) 15 caps
20. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution) 67 caps
21. Jamison Gibson Park (Leinster) uncapped
22. Ross Byrne (Leinster/UCD) 6 caps
23. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers) 43 caps