Guinness Six Nations Team Of The Week – Round 1
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Brian O’Driscoll On Why He Couldn’t Wait To Get Out Of Rugby “Quick Enough” - September 8, 2022
- Champions Cup Last 16 Extra Time Protocol & Quarter-Final Permutations - April 15, 2022
- Legendary Ireland International Announces His Retirement Fro Rugby - April 8, 2022
The Guinness Six Nations returned with a bang over the weekend with three absolutely cracking Test matches.
France were up first and made light wort of a poor Italian team, smashing them 50-10 with the likes of Antoine Dupont and Teddy Thomas particularly impressive on the day.
Scotland then shocked the world with a first win against England in Twickenham since 1983. Debutant Cameron Redpath putting in a stunning performance, while Stuart Hogg was near untouchable throughout.
Ireland then fell to defeat against Wales on Sunday in Cardiff. The men in green lost Peter O’Mahony to a red card after just 13 minutes but fought back valiantly and very nearly won it in the end. Standout performers for Andy Farrell’s men included Robbie Henshaw, Tadhg Beirne and James Lowe.
For Wales, Wyn Jones was immense as was Josh Navidi who was sprung from the bench early on after Dan Lydiate went off injured.
Six Nations Team of the Week – Round 1
15. Stuart Hogg (Scotland)
14. Teddy Thomas (France)
13. Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)
12. Cameron Redpath (Scotland)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Scotland)
10. Finn Russell (Scotland)
9. Antoine Dupont (France)
1. Wyn Jones (Wales)
2. George Turner (Scotland)
3. Zander Ferguson (Scotland)
4. Tadhg Beirne (Ireland)
5. Jonny Gray (Scotland)
6. Josh Navidi (Wales)
7. Hamish Watson (Scotland)
8. Matt Fagerson (Scotland)