FFR Release Statement On Ireland’s Six Nations Clash With France

Going ahead.

French authorities have given the go-ahead for Ireland’s Six Nations clash with France in Paris on March 13 to be played as planned despite coronavirus fears that have already resulted in England and Ireland’s fixtures with Italy postponed.

French President Emmanuel Macron said that the threat of an epidemic in the country was inevitable.

House of Rugby is back with a brand new URC show – hosted by RugbyLAD founder Jason Hennessy, Ireland international Megan Williams and Olympic sevens star, Greg O'Shea. Follow and subscribe to it HERE.

The FFR has been in discussions with the French authorities all week with Six Nations making it clear yesterday that all games not involving Italy will go ahead as planned.

An FFR statement says all Ireland v France games – including the Women’s and U20 clashes – will go ahead as planned next weekend, without the need to be played behind closed doors, as previously suggested.

They say the games will be played as scheduled “provided they do not lead to the mixing of people from areas where the virus is particularly prevalent.”

The FFR added that they’re “delighted to be able to welcome all rugby fans, who have planned to go to the stadiums”, but warns them to take the appropriate sanitary measures to guard against the spread of the coronavirus.