England Team Named For 1st Test With Argentina
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Uncapped Player Set For Ireland Call-Up Following Injury Concern - January 30, 2023
- Shocking High Tackle Not Picked Up By Match Officials In Munster Vs Toulouse Game - January 23, 2023
- Eben Etzebeth Has Caterpillar Ruck Haters Swooning With Genius Try - January 21, 2023
England head coach Eddie Jones has named his side to take on Argentina in the first Test in San Juan on Saturday.
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs) and Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons) will all make their international debuts at the weekend.
Jones has named seven uncapped players on the bench including Piers Francis (Northampton Saints), who joined up with the squad on Monday evening from Auckland, and Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), who has recovered well from his foot injury he picked up in Brighton.
“I’m really excited about this England team to face Argentina this weekend,” said head coach Eddie Jones.
“I have selected a group of experienced players across the spine of this team as well as four young players who will be eager to go out and play well on their debuts for England.
“Those players have worked extremely hard to get selected over the last few weeks, but I have been impressed with the way the whole squad has trained and gelled together in a short amount of time. They all realise the opportunity that they have to be involved in this England side and I’m sure they will show that commitment on Saturday.
England team to play Argentina
15. Mike Brown, vc (Harlequins, 60 caps)
14. Marland Yarde (Harlequins, 11 caps)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 5 caps)
12. Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps)
10. George Ford, vc (Bath Rugby, 35 caps)
9. Danny Care, vc (Harlequins, 71 caps)
1. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
2. Dylan Hartley, c (Northampton Saints, 84 caps)
3. Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
4. Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 42 caps)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps)
6. Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
8. Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 8 caps)
16. Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors, uncapped)
17. Matt Mullan (Wasps, 15 caps)
18. Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped)
19. Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped)
20. Don Armand (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
21. Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
22. Piers Francis (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
23. Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, uncapped)