CJ Stander’s Carrying Stats In The Six Nations So Far Are Incredible
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- Joe Marler on why Owen Farrell has stepped away from England - December 6, 2023
- France star scores one of the most bizarre tries you will ever see in rugby - December 5, 2023
- Munster hit with huge double injury blow ahead of Champions Cup opener - December 4, 2023
Someone get this man a Lions jersey.
Whether you agree with Stander playing for Ireland or not, there’s no denying that the man is a very special talent that deserves to play at the highest level.
The rampaging back-row has been in excellent form at this year’s Six Nations, starting all three of Ireland’s games, and is probably the stand out forward in the tournament so far.
His certainly has the stats to back it up and has made the official RBS 6 Nations Team of the Week twice in three rounds.
2017 Six Nations carries (after first 3 games):
- CJ Stander (Ireland) – 69 carries
- Jamie Heaslip (Ireland) – 54 carries
- Nathan Hughes (England) – 51 carries
- Sean O’Brien (Ireland) – 43 carries
- Louis Picamoles (France) – 40 carries
Stander has also made 161 metres in those 69 carries, and been turned over just four times.
A human wrecking ball, that absolutely loves carrying. What more could you ask for?