CJ Stander’s Carrying Stats In The Six Nations So Far Are Incredible
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Andy Farrell Responds To Rumours He Will Link Up With The Lions This Summer - June 15, 2021
- Andy Farrell On Whether Or Not Simon Zebo Features In His Ireland Plans - June 15, 2021
- United Rugby Championship – Frequently Asked Questions - June 15, 2021
Someone get this man a Lions jersey.
Whether you agree with Stander playing for Ireland or not, there’s no denying that the man is a very special talent that deserves to play at the highest level.
The rampaging back-row has been in excellent form at this year’s Six Nations, starting all three of Ireland’s games, and is probably the stand out forward in the tournament so far.
His certainly has the stats to back it up and has made the official RBS 6 Nations Team of the Week twice in three rounds.
2017 Six Nations carries (after first 3 games):
- CJ Stander (Ireland) – 69 carries
- Jamie Heaslip (Ireland) – 54 carries
- Nathan Hughes (England) – 51 carries
- Sean O’Brien (Ireland) – 43 carries
- Louis Picamoles (France) – 40 carries
Stander has also made 161 metres in those 69 carries, and been turned over just four times.
A human wrecking ball, that absolutely loves carrying. What more could you ask for?