Brian O’Driscoll Picks His Team Of The Rugby World Cup
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Peter O’Mahony Channels His Inner Sonny Bill Williams With Stunning Offload for Aki Try - October 24, 2020
- Brian O’Driscoll – “[His] Pass Is The Best Pass In Ireland. He Is Someone That Exudes A Calmness.” - October 23, 2020
- What Can Irish Rugby Learn from Dublin’s All-Conquering GAA Team? - October 22, 2020
Former Ireland, Lions and Leinster centre Brian O’Driscoll has had a go at picking his team of the Rugby World Cup – with no less than five English players making his XV.
Interestingly not one Irishman makes his team after yet another poor World Cup campaign that saw them lose to Japan in the pool stages before being knocked out by the All Blacks in the quarter-finals.
Three Japanese players make his team after their impressive showing as hosts, including winger Kenki Fukuoka and scrumhalf Yutake Nagare. Semi Randradra is the sole Fijian representatives after he finished the tournament with some ridiculous stats.
Have a look at his team in full below. Would you make any changes?
Brian O’Driscoll’s Team of the World Cup
15. Beauden Barrett (New Zealand)
14. Kenki Fukuoka (Japan)
13. Manu Tuilagi (England)
12. Damian de Allende (South Africa)
11. Semi Randradra (Fiji)
10. George Ford (England)
9. Yutake Nagare (Japan)
1. Keita Inagaki (Japan)
2. Ken Owens (Wales)
3. Kyle Sinckler (England)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
5. Maro Itoje (England)
6. Aaron Wainright (Wales)
7. Sam Underhill (England)
8. Duane Vermeulen (South Africa)
— Brian O'Driscoll (@BrianODriscoll) October 28, 2019