Brian O’Driscoll Picks His Team Of The Rugby World Cup
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Warren Gatland Named Lions 2025 Head Coach With Tour Captain Also Announced - April 1, 2023
- Uncapped Player Set For Ireland Call-Up Following Injury Concern - January 30, 2023
- Shocking High Tackle Not Picked Up By Match Officials In Munster Vs Toulouse Game - January 23, 2023
Former Ireland, Lions and Leinster centre Brian O’Driscoll has had a go at picking his team of the Rugby World Cup – with no less than five English players making his XV.
Interestingly not one Irishman makes his team after yet another poor World Cup campaign that saw them lose to Japan in the pool stages before being knocked out by the All Blacks in the quarter-finals.
Three Japanese players make his team after their impressive showing as hosts, including winger Kenki Fukuoka and scrumhalf Yutake Nagare. Semi Randradra is the sole Fijian representatives after he finished the tournament with some ridiculous stats.
Have a look at his team in full below. Would you make any changes?
Brian O’Driscoll’s Team of the World Cup
15. Beauden Barrett (New Zealand)
14. Kenki Fukuoka (Japan)
13. Manu Tuilagi (England)
12. Damian de Allende (South Africa)
11. Semi Randradra (Fiji)
10. George Ford (England)
9. Yutake Nagare (Japan)
1. Keita Inagaki (Japan)
2. Ken Owens (Wales)
3. Kyle Sinckler (England)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
5. Maro Itoje (England)
6. Aaron Wainright (Wales)
7. Sam Underhill (England)
8. Duane Vermeulen (South Africa)
Been asked to pick a team of the tournament for @LandRoverRugby Fair?! pic.twitter.com/Es0fXXQPvP
— Brian O'Driscoll (@BrianODriscoll) October 28, 2019