Two French Rugby Legends Confirm Their Respective COVID-19 Battles
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Nigel Owens Posts Absolutely Fantastic Message Ahead Of The Second Lions Vs Springboks Test - July 31, 2021
- “He Gives You A Huge Amount Of Confidence” – Hogg On The Lions Leader That Has Impressed Him - July 30, 2021
- “You Can Keep Poking The Bear, Mate” – Stuart Hogg Responds To Rassie’s Video - July 30, 2021
French legends Sebastien Chabal and Thierry Dusautoir have opened up about their respective COVID-19 battle after both former players contracted the virus last month.
Both players have since made a full recovery but described the ordeal while speaking on Canal Rugby.
Former Sale Sharks forward, Chabal, explained that he contracted the virus at the start of the confinement period in France and said he felt flat for a week.
“As you can see, we are pretty much in shape,” said Chabal
“For my part, I think I caught it at the very beginning of confinement. I was flat for a week but nothing too serious compared to everything we hear and everything that touches us around us.”
Meanwhile, Dusautoir said he had two tough weeks before getting back to normal.
“I was in the same situation as Sebastien. On March 14 or so, I had the appearance of symptoms,” Dusautoir said.
“It’s been two pretty tiring, exhausting weeks, but again, everything is fine for me and my family. In the current context, we are still lucky.”