Ireland & England Set To Battle It Out In Special Twickenham Fixture
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Champions Cup Last 16 Extra Time Protocol & Quarter-Final Permutations - April 15, 2022
- Legendary Ireland International Announces His Retirement Fro Rugby - April 8, 2022
- Ronan O’Gara Slapped By Fellow Top 14 Coach In Heated Touchline Row - April 6, 2022
Back for revenge.
Ireland and England will battle it out in a very special match once again this year, as the Canterbury #RugbyFit series enters its second season.
Two amateur rugby teams will go head-to-head in a special fixture at world famous rugby ground Twickenham, after they’ve been put through their paces with 5 weeks of specially designed training to get them #RugbyFit.
Flying the flag for Ireland will be Team RugbyLAD, featuring players from newly-found Munster Rugby club Ardscoil Old Boys RFC. On the other side will be Team RugbyDump representing England.
Ireland, Leinster and Lions centre Robbie Henshaw has been brought in as Ireland’s Head Coach, while former England, Northampton and Lions prop Alex Corbisiero will take charge of the English team.
Each training week will also see a special coach come in to offer their expertise.
Team RugbyLAD’s schedule.
- Week 1 – Initiation with Head Coach Robbie Henshaw
- Week 2 – Agility with Pat Divilly
- Week 3 – Power & Strength with Brian Keane
- Week 4 – Endurance Training with Colm Moran
- Week 5 – Defensive Skills with David Wallace
- Week 6 – The Final at Twickenham
The training regime can be followed via Canterbury’s Hub and across all our channels.
Last year Team RugbyDump emerged victorious. This year Team RugbyLAD will be back for revenge – determined, ready and #RugbyFit.