Ireland Dominate Six Nations Team Of The Week
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- Joe Marler on why Owen Farrell has stepped away from England - December 6, 2023
- France star scores one of the most bizarre tries you will ever see in rugby - December 5, 2023
- Munster hit with huge double injury blow ahead of Champions Cup opener - December 4, 2023
Ireland are the 2018 Six Nations champions with a round to spare after their bonus-point win over Scotland on Saturday. England had an outside chance of stealing the title off Ireland on the final day, but couldn’t even manage a win against France, never mind the try-bonus they needed.
As a result, Joe Schmidt’s men dominate our Six Nation Team of the Week, with no less than 9 players in our XV. No England players make the cut, but we have included one Scottish player, two French and three Welshmen.
The likes of man of the match Rob Kearney, record-breaker Jacob Stockdale, and the returning Garry Ringrose all make our team. While there’s also room for guys like George North, France captain Guilhem Guirado and Scotland’s Jonny Gray, who all had excellent games over the weekend.
RugbyLAD Six Nations Team of the Week
15. Rob Kearney (Ireland)
14. George North (Wales)
13. Garry Ringrose (Ireland)
12. Hadleigh Parkes (Wales)
11. Jacob Stockdale (Ireland)
10. Johnny Sexton (Ireland)
9. Maxime Machenaud (France)
1. Cian Healy (Ireland)
2. Guilhem Guirado (France)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Ireland)
4. James Ryan (Ireland)
5. Jonny Gray (Scotland)
6. Peter O’Mahony (Ireland)
7. Dan Leavy (Ireland)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Wales)