5 Times Sonny Bill Williams Proved He’s An Absolute Legend
Latest posts by Will Matthews (see all)
- Rassie Erasmus continues mind games with bizarre Ireland comments - October 3, 2023
- Springboks call up HUGE replacement for injured Makazole Mapimpi - October 2, 2023
- Images emerge of Antoine Dupont back training with a nasty shiner following surgery - October 2, 2023
The king of the offload himself turns 32 today, and we thought we would mark the occasion with five times he’s proved he’s an absolute legend.
Sonny Bill is not just known for his amazing talents, that has seen him lift almost every title in both rugby union and league, along with a heavyweight boxing title, but also for his amazing camaraderie and goodwill. He has demonstrated on so many occasions that’s he’s nothing short of an absolute legend and a fantastic ambassador for our beloved sport.
There are so many moments we could look at, but we’ve managed to narrow it down to our five favourite.
1. When he leaned in to console a devastated Jesse Kriel, in an epic show of sportsmanship, after the semi-final of the Rugby World Cup last year.
2. When he offered Rugby World Cup semi-final tickets to Syrian refugees.
3. When he asked the driver to pull over and give a lifelong Hurricanes fan a lift with the New Zealand sevens team.
4. When he gave tickets and boots to a Porirua family in honour of Jerry Collins who grew up in the town.
5. That magical moment we he gave a young rugby fan his Rugby World Cup winner’s medal at last year’s final in Twickenham.