The Top 20 International Test Try Scorers Of All-Time
The best of the best.
George North recently bagged his 35th try for Wales, just about moving him onto the list of all-time international Test try-scorers. But who occupies the other spots above him?
It’s a pretty impressive list with the likes of Bryan Habana, David Campese and Shane Williams all making the top 5. When you consider the opposition these guys in particular came up against – that’s pretty freaking impressive.
Williams incredibly bagged 60 tries in just 91 Test games. That’s a try every other game. Other big names to make the top 10 are the likes of former Ireland and Lions captain Brian O’Driscoll, as well as Munster and All Blacks legend Doug Howlett.
Julian Savea’s spot is also of particular interest when you consider he’s made it into the top ten after just 54 games for New Zealand.
1. Daisuke Ohata (Japan) 69
2. Bryan Habana (South Africa) 67
3. David Campese (Australia) 64
4. Shane Williams (Wales & British and Irish Lions) 60
5. Hirotoki Onozawa (Japan) 55
6. Rory Underwood (England & Lions) 50
7. Doug Howlett (New Zealand) 49
8. Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland & Lions) 47
9= Christian Cullen (New Zealand) 46
9= Joe Rokocoko (New Zealand) 46
9= Julian Savea (New Zealand) 46
12. Jeff Wilson (New Zealand) 44
13. Gareth Thomas (Wales & Lions) 41
14. Chris Latham (Australia) 40
15= Serge Blanco (France) 38
15= Joost van der Westhuizen (South Africa) 38
17= Adam Ashley-Cooper (Australia) 37
17= Jonah Lomu (New Zealand) 37
19 Tana Umaga (New Zealand) 36
20= John Kirwan (New Zealand) 35
20= George North (Wales & Lions) 35